Dairy-Free Mango Lassi
Mango lassi is a a great refreshing drink for the summer months. Called the “King of fruits”, mango has been appreciated in the Ayurvedic diet and cuisine. Native to India and Burma, this sweet fruit has been mentioned in ancient Sanskrit Literature for at least six thousand years. Supporting all body tissues, this fruit is rich in antioxidants including beta-carotene, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, potassium and fibre; it is low in calories, supports elimination and the digestive, cardiovascular and immune systems.
- ½ cup frozen cubed/sliced mango
- ⅓ of a frozen banana, or 2 tablespoon or raw cashews
- ½ cup homemade almond milk, or coconut milk ( you can add a little more depending of desired consistency)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- dash of salt
- 2 or 3 cardamom seeds
- Optional: fresh turmeric root ( size of the tip of a small finger).
- Mix in a blender until smooth.