Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Bread
For those of you who miss starchy bread, this recipe is a yummy alternative. It is quite light while being substantial, and can be warmed up in a toaster.
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond flour or 1/2 cup of almond flour plus 1/2 cup of almond pulp from the homemade almond milk
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds, plus 2 teaspoons to sprinkle the top
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 8×4-inch loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, add the almond butter, the honey and the apple cider vinegar; mix very well.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the almond flour and/or pulp, the tapioca flour, the ground flax seeds, the salt and baking soda.
- Gradually mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then pour the mixture into the loaf pan and sprinkle the top with the ground flax seeds.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- et it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to set on a cooling rack.
I usually slice the bread after it has cooled down and freeze what I don’t need for later use.