HOMEMADE CARDAMOM-SCENTED PEACH ICE CREAM!
Eating healthy doesn’t mean to be depleting ourselves from the great pleasures of Mother Nature! To the contrary! It is about coming back to our roots and being able to savour all her gifts without chemicals and additives which prevent us from accessing our taste buds. Enjoy cardamom’s warm, sweet and pungent scent in this festive recipe! The stone fruit that is the peach is well designed for our warm summer as it has cooling properties. The alchemy of well balanced composition of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients, vitamins and minerals makes them very beneficial to our health. As with many other fruits and vegetables, we find a highest concentration of nutrients in the skin. So eat peaches as nature provided them ~organic ~ to avoid chemicals crossing from their thin peels into the pulp. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of cubed/sliced peaches ( you can also use nectarines)
- 1/2 cup of chunks of frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 cans of regular coconut milk (totalling 600 mL)
- 1/2 cup of soaked raw cashew ( or substitute for bananas)
- 3 to 4 tbsp of coconut sugar, maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground cardamom ( to taste )
- optional: 1/8 pure almond extract.
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup cup chopped peaches to add in at the end of turning.
- Put everything in a blender except the chopped peaches which will be added at the end.
- Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to an ice-cream maker and churn to ideal consistency.
- Add the reserved fruits and churn one more time.
- Transfer to the freezer in a container with a lid.