RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Linomel-Muesli For Breakfast
( Alternative to the Budwig cream)
Not everyone likes the Budwig cream, so you may enjoy a change with the Linomel-Muesli cream as called by Dr Joanna Budwig. After years of research to cure and improve degenerative dis-eases, she declared that Flax Seed Oil can perform miracles! Natural fats regulate the entire metabolism and the production of new cells, more than any other nutriment.
Serves: 1 Yield: 1 bowl
- Fruits of season, It can be one fresh coarsely-grated apple or pear varied . Choose mixed fruits( ie:fruit salad) or one type of fruit on its own..
- 1 cup of berries. It can be half a pomegranate with 1/2 cup of blackberries or blueberries.
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil.
- 2 tablespoons of organic cottage cheese/quark (look for 1 or 2 % fat content.).
2 tablespoons of freshly ground whole flax seeds.
1 tablespoon of soaked almonds or walnuts.
- fresh juice of 1/2 lemon( optional).
Prep Time: 5 minute Total Time: 10 minutes
- Step 1: Add the ground flax seeds to the fruits and mix well. Let sit while preparing the cream.
Step 2 Mix a blender or a hand-held electric mixer the flax seed oil and the cottage cheeses/quark for 1 or 2 minutes at a slow speed. The cream must have the consistency of whipped cream with no excess oil. Do not add anything else until it has a creamy consistency.
Step 3: Serve the cream on the top of the fruits, and garnish with nuts or hemp seeds.
The mixture can be flavored differently every day by adding different fruits, shredded coconut, raw cacao, cinnamon etc…
The flax seed oil must be first pressure and cold pressure. It has to be kept cold, so store it in the fridge.
Once made, the Budwig Cream has to be ingested within 20 minutes of its preparation, if not it will become saturated.
Copyright © 2011 – 2022 Denise Rochon
You must be logged in to post a comment.