RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Linomel-Muesli For Breakfast
( Alternative to the Budwig cream)
Serves: 1 Yield: 1 bowl
- Fruits of season, It can be one fresh coarsely-grated apple or pear varied . Choose mixed fruits( ie:fruit salad) or one type of fruit on its own..
- 1 cup of berries. It can be half a pomegranate with 1/2 cup of blackberries or blueberries.
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil.
- 2 tablespoons of organic cottage cheese/quark (look for 1 or 2 % fat content.).
2 tablespoons of freshly ground whole flax seeds.
1 tablespoon of soaked almonds or walnuts.
- fresh juice of 1/2 lemon( optional).
Prep Time: 5 minute Total Time: 10 minutes
- Step 1: Add the ground flax seeds to the fruits and mix well. Let sit while preparing the cream.
Step 2 Mix a blender or a hand-held electric mixer the flax seed oil and the cottage cheeses/quark for 1 or 2 minutes at a slow speed. The cream must have the consistency of whipped cream with no excess oil. Do not add anything else until it has a creamy consistency.
Step 3: Serve the cream on the top of the fruits, and garnish with nuts or hemp seeds.
The mixture can be flavored differently every day by adding different fruits, shredded coconut, raw cacao, cinnamon etc…