The Original Budwig Cream
To understand how the Budwig cream works, Dr Budwig explained that the surface-active fats [ with the right combination and blend of flax seed oil and cottage cheese/quark containing sulphate proteins] produce a wealth of electrons, increasing oxygen intake from the cells, and therefore reactivating the vital functions to immediately begin the healing process.
Serves: 1 Yield: 1 bowl
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of organic cottage cheese/quark (look for 2% or 3.5 % fat content. If too high, the fat content of the cottage cheese or quark won’t mix into the flax seed oil, cancelling out the oxygenating benefits of the Budwig Cream).
2 tablespoons of freshly ground whole flax seeds.
2 tablespoons of soaked and ground almonds or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoons of soaked buckwheat kirnels or quinoa seeds
- 1 banana (more ripe better it is)
- fresh juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup of berries or one apple.
Prep Time: 5 minute Total Time: 10 minutes
- Step 1:
Use a blender or a hand-held electric mixer for 1 minute at a slow speed. The cream must have the consistency of whipped cream,with no excess oil. Do not add anything else until it has a creamy consistency.
Step 2Add the flax seeds and the remaining ingredients to the blender until smooth.
Recipe exerted from ” Save Your Body” by Dr Catherine Kousmine