The Original Budwig Cream
To understand how the Budwig cream works, Dr Budwig explained that the surface-active fats [ with the right combination and blend of flax seed oil and cottage cheese/quark containing sulphate proteins] produce a wealth of electrons, increasing oxygen intake from the cells, and therefore reactivating the vital functions to immediately begin the healing process.
Serves: 1 Yield: 1 bowl
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of organic cottage cheese/quark (look for 2% or 3.5 % fat content. If too high, the fat content of the cottage cheese or quark won’t mix into the flax seed oil, cancelling out the oxygenating benefits of the Budwig Cream).
2 tablespoons of freshly ground whole flax seeds.
1 tablespoon of soaked almonds or pumpkin seeds.
- 1 tablespoon of soaked chia seeds..
- fresh juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 1 cup of berries or one apple.
Prep Time: 5 minute Total Time: 10 minutes
- Step 1:
First mix a blender or a hand-held electric mixer the banana, flax seed oil and the cottage cheeses/quark for 1 or 2 minutes at a slow speed. The cream must have the consistency of whipped cream with no excess oil. Do not add anything else until it has a creamy consistency.
Step 2Add the flax seeds and the remaining ingredients to the blender until smooth and creamy.
Recipe exerted from ” Save Your Body” by Dr Catherine Kousmine