Denise’s Gluten And Sugar Free Granola
Enjoy my favorite recipe for granola. Any ingredients can be substituted depending on what you have at home, but I always keep it gluten and sugar-free. I add the cinnamon at the end when coming out of the oven, as well as the dried or dehydrated fruits and berries. When it is time to serve, I often add fresh bananas, fruits or berries. This recipe is very sustaining as a quick snack or for breakfast!
- 4 cups rolled gluten-free oats
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds
- 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds or golden flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 4 tablespoons of raw coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence
- dried or fresh fruits such a figs, apricots or blueberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat gently the apple juice in a small pot on the stove. Close the fire and add the coconut oil. Mix oats, seeds, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl. Add the liquid ( apple juice and coconut oil).
Spread out evenly on a baking tray.
Bake, turning often, for between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from oven and leave until cool.
Add dried or fresh fruits and serve according to your taste with plain organic yogurt, raw milk or coconut or nut milk.