Yummy Grain-Free Crackers*
This recipe uses a dehydrator to make raw , highly nutritious crackers. Depending of your imagination and creativity, you can modify this recipe adding to it different herbs, dried fruits or nuts and seeds. I also serve these crackers as chips. Enjoy!
- 4 to 6 cups raw organic vegetable pulp from carrots, beets, celery juicing. ( I keep all the pulp as I go, freeze it until time to use. These are valuable precious pulp and fibers that we don’t want to see go to waste!).
- 1 cup of the almond pulp from the nut milk. ( see recipe: http://drdeniserochon.com/homemade-almond-milk/)
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium onion of your choice, chopped.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne or chili pepper
- Soak the pumpkin seeds for 6 hours in pure water with ½ tsp salt. Drain off the water.
- Combine all the ingredients including the pumpkin seeds, in a large mixing bowl. Stir well with a wood spoon until well combined.
- Scoop about 1 cup of the mixture onto each dehydrator tray, lined with parchment paper. Spread to the edges forming a large square. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Place the trays in the dehydrator at 115 F for 12 hours. Flip the crackers off the parchment onto the screens and dehydrate for another 12-24 hours. The longer they dehydrate, the crunchier they will be!
- Once dehydrated, store in a airtight container and store at room temperature. They will preserve for weeks.
*Recipe inspired by Heather Cunliffe Raw food recipes Blissful book, 2012.